Patrick Kossman has released a new issue of Accelerator which includes information on some professional development and articles! It is available here: Accelerator Fall 2019 or on the Accelerator page via the tab above!
Additionally, Sciematics 2020 is happening in Saskatoon! Be sure to check the top tab for more information!
Hope every is having a great start to their school year,
Saskatchewan Science Teacher’s Society Annual General Meeting 2019 (SSTS AGM 2019)
Come join us online for the SSTS AGM 2019 at 8:30pm on Wednesday, August 28th, 2019!
Zoom meeting info: Join from PC, Mac, Linux, iOS or Android: https://zoom.us/j/5500617062
Look forward to meeting you and seeing you there!
I recommend testing out whatever device you intend to connect with beforehand to make sure that it works!
– Logan Petlak
Reminder to go check out Accelerator – a journal full of Professional Development Opportunities, Articles, and information about the SSTS brought to you by Patrick Kossman!
The newest piece can be found here: Winter 2019
To view previous pieces, be sure to go to the Accelerator page above or here.
The Education Perfect Science Championships will take place from the 14th to the 21st of August this year and as a SSTS member you can register all your students for free.
The Education Perfect Science Championships is a 7-day event run during National Science Week 2017. This is a great opportunity to motivate and inspire all students and raise the profile of Science at your school. The content follows the Australian Curriculum, NSW Syllabus, Victorian Curriculum and New Zealand Curriculum so this is a brilliant chance for students to revise and consolidate what they are learning in Science.
Are your students ready to compete?
Here’s your checklist:
- Register your students.
– Your students are already registered if they have a current subscription to Education Perfect in any subject area.
– For any additional students from your school whom you would like to register, please follow this process ASAP! The registration fee is $5 per student but if you quote the code “SSTS” when you register, all your students will be registered for free.
- Warm up your students with the content. Now is a good time to get your students practising as soon as they are registered. It’s a great opportunity to check out our Science Investigations content!
- If you are after a winning strategy for your school you can discuss your game plan with the Education Perfect Team, you can book a time that suits you, directly here.
- Interact with the EP community on the EP Facebook page to share the fun with the world! Teachers, students and supporters are all welcome to ‘like’ the page, and share comments, post photos, and cheer each other on. We can’t wait to see your students have fun while they achieve their academic goals!
Learn. Compete. Win. Let the Championships begin!
An opportunity for educator professional development, sponsored by the SSTS!
Registration will take place via PayPal (below)!
Sciematics 2013 is quickly approaching. Check out conference updates and session information on our Sciematics 2013 Conference site.
Date: Thursday, May 9th to Saturday, May 11, 2013
Location: University of Saskatchewan – College of Agriculture and Bioresources
Here is the current schedule of presenters for Friday.