A new issue (Winter 2020) of Accelerator is out! Available here!
Some topics in this issue:
- AITC Resources & Workshop information
- Carla Cooper’s experience at MILSET 2019
- Ways to use Tech in the Classroom by Judson Trenholm
- Sciematics 2020 Presenter Information
Accelerator is a Saskatchewan science educator journal by Patrick Kossmann! It includes professional development opportunities, highlights of the SSTS executive, and articles including lessons and other resources that are valuable to STEM educators.
CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS
Would you like to share your ideas with other teachers?
Would you allow others to benefit from your expertise?
Perhaps you have a concern about science education in Saskatchewan today. We are always looking for articles and teacher demos/classroom activities to print in our journal.
You can send your articles to us in a variety of ways:
- by email (preferably MS WORD attachment or plain TEXT) to firstname.lastname@example.org
- FAX (771-4207)
- Regular mail P.O. Box 70, Balgonie SK. S0G 0E0
Any photographs that you wish to enclose would be great! They need to be mailed to the editor by snail mail, or an original, not scanned, digital photograph can be emailed along with the article. If you are emailing in an article and/or photograph, please email it to:email@example.com at your convenience.
Sciematics 2020 is approaching (April 30th and May 1st)!
Register now if you plan to attend to take advantage of Early Bird registration prices!
Interested in Attending? Click here to register or visit our Participants page!
Register before the early bird deadline of March 15th, 2020!
Costs associated with each designation:
$150 – Early Bird (register by March 15, 2020)
$200 – Regular Teacher/other
$100 – Pre-Service Teacher
Interested in Presenting? Fill in this form here!
Visit our Presenters page for more information on our presenters!
Interested in our Sponsors or sponsoring Sciematics 2020? Click here or contact us!
Visit our Sponsors page!
Interested in having a Display at Sciematics 2020? Click here or contact us!
Visit our Display page!
For information about Sciematics be sure to look on social media:
Patrick Kossman has released a new issue of Accelerator which includes information on some professional development and articles! It is available here: Accelerator Fall 2019 or on the Accelerator page via the tab above!
Additionally, Sciematics 2020 is happening in Saskatoon! Be sure to check the top tab for more information!
Hope every is having a great start to their school year,
Saskatchewan Science Teacher’s Society Annual General Meeting 2019 (SSTS AGM 2019)
Come join us online for the SSTS AGM 2019 at 8:30pm on Wednesday, August 28th, 2019!
Zoom meeting info: Join from PC, Mac, Linux, iOS or Android: https://zoom.us/j/5500617062
Look forward to meeting you and seeing you there!
I recommend testing out whatever device you intend to connect with beforehand to make sure that it works!
– Logan Petlak
Reminder to go check out Accelerator – a journal full of Professional Development Opportunities, Articles, and information about the SSTS brought to you by Patrick Kossman!
The newest piece can be found here: Winter 2019
To view previous pieces, be sure to go to the Accelerator page above or here.
The Education Perfect Science Championships will take place from the 14th to the 21st of August this year and as a SSTS member you can register all your students for free.
The Education Perfect Science Championships is a 7-day event run during National Science Week 2017. This is a great opportunity to motivate and inspire all students and raise the profile of Science at your school. The content follows the Australian Curriculum, NSW Syllabus, Victorian Curriculum and New Zealand Curriculum so this is a brilliant chance for students to revise and consolidate what they are learning in Science.
Are your students ready to compete?
Here’s your checklist:
- Register your students.
– Your students are already registered if they have a current subscription to Education Perfect in any subject area.
– For any additional students from your school whom you would like to register, please follow this process ASAP! The registration fee is $5 per student but if you quote the code “SSTS” when you register, all your students will be registered for free.
- Warm up your students with the content. Now is a good time to get your students practising as soon as they are registered. It’s a great opportunity to check out our Science Investigations content!
- If you are after a winning strategy for your school you can discuss your game plan with the Education Perfect Team, you can book a time that suits you, directly here.
- Interact with the EP community on the EP Facebook page to share the fun with the world! Teachers, students and supporters are all welcome to ‘like’ the page, and share comments, post photos, and cheer each other on. We can’t wait to see your students have fun while they achieve their academic goals!
Learn. Compete. Win. Let the Championships begin!
An opportunity for educator professional development, sponsored by the SSTS!
Registration will take place via PayPal (below)!